2017 Bond Projects
Projects in the bond were developed by the Long-Range Facilities Planning Committee comprised of a diverse group of parents and community members. They met over the course of four months to prioritize needs of the District. District officials feel it’s important to have community input and maintain its transparency through the entire bond process – from planning, to the election, and through oversight of the work. Little Elm ISD is forming a Bond Oversight Committee of parents and community members to oversee the District’s work on the projects.
Click here to view videos from the bond campaign.
Proposition A Addresses These Areas:
• New Middle School – Purchase Land & Build District's Second Middle School
• Replacement School for Lakeside Middle School
• Purchase Land and Buses for Future Use
• Renovate Prestwick and Powell for K-5 Instruction
• Reimburse District’s General Operation Fund for Capital Outlay Expenditures
• Safety and Security Upgrades
• Fiber Network and Data Room Upgrades
• HVAC and Roofing Replacements
• Site and Masonry Improvement Projects
• Career & Technical Education Facilities at LEHS
• New Multipurpose Facility at LEHS to Serve Extracurricular Programs
• New Baseball and Softball Facilities
• Renovations to Athletic Areas at LEHS
• Improvements to Little Elm ISD Athletic Complex
Proposition B Refunds Existing Debt:
The General Fund Maintenance Tax Notes would be refunded up to $4.5 million out of 2017 bond funds. By refinancing Maintenance Tax Notes, Little Elm ISD’s general operating debt expenditures will decrease by approximately $340,000 per year and such amount would be available for general operating expenditures.